Feb. 27, 2019 NSLHA Lunch with a Legislator
Nebraska Speech-Language-Hearing Association Lunch with a Legislator
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. at the State Capitol in Lincoln, Nebraska
1. Identify how the state legislative process works.
2. Demonstrate effective strategies for building a relationship with your state senator.
3. Summarize key points to advocate for current issues impacting the speech-language-hearing profession.
The impact that you can have by connecting with your state senator, building a relationship, and offering support is tremendous. Please plan to attend and share your ideas, concerns and recommendation with state senators on how to enhance speech, language and hearing services for Nebraskans.
It’s an opportunity to build relationships with state senators, while educating and informing them about the speech-language-hearing field in our state. This is increasingly important, as the healthcare environment continues to change, and the ability to deliver speech-language-hearing services becomes increasingly challenging.
Complimentary Webinar to Prepare for NSLHA's Lunch with a Legislator
A complimentary webinar will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to prepare for NSLHA's Lunch with a Legislator. If you are unable to attend the live event, you can request a complimentary recording of the webinar. Please complete the registration brochure below to sign up for the webinar or recording. An application has been submitted to ASHA to request 0.1 CEUs. The 2019 NSLHA Legislative Day Webinar is offered for up to 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Related Content).
- Interstate Compact for Speech-Language Pathology Licensure
• Mandate Private Insurers in the State of Nebraska to Provide Coverage for Hearing Aids for Children
• Appropriation to Help Fund the HearU Program
• Advocating for No Cuts to Speech Therapy and Audiology Services for Nebraska Medicaid Beneficiaries
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch with State Senators
The 2019 NSLHA Legislative Day Webinar is offered for up to 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Related Content).