1. What is the difference between language and speech?
2. How does my child hear and talk?
3. What are the signs of a language disorder?
4. What should I expect my child's language development to be in elementary school?
5. How do I know whether my child is late blooming, or if there is a language development problem?
6. What are different speech language disorders?
7. What are different swallowing and feeding disorders?
8. What is typical speech and language development?
9. What questions should I ask if my loved one has been diagnosed with a speech or language disorder?
10. Where can I find a self-help group for speech and language disorders?
Are you the school SLP or parent of a child who uses a speech-generating device (dedicated device or tablet/iPad)? The University of Kansas is conducting research to compare the perspectives of school-based SLPs and families of children who use SGDs. If you would like to participate in this study, or to learn more, please visit: https://goo.gl/m4Kx1v. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to participate in a survey about speech-language pathologists’ and school psychologists’ experience and confidence in assessing children with co-occurring hearing loss and other disabilities. This survey is being completed by Sarah Yolo Leoplod, Assistant Professor at Utah State University.
The 2018 NSLHA Fall Convention is September 27-28 at the Holiday Inn & Conference Center in Kearney, Nebraska. If you would like to submit a proposal or have a colleague or contact that is interested, please complete a speaker proposal form. The submission deadline is March 1st.
An undergraduate student at the University of Mississippi, is hoping to learn more about SLP’s use and understanding of evidence-based practice. Her research will provide important information about SLP’s involvement in Evidence-Based Practice.
Click the title of this article to complete her survey and have a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
The Nebraska Speech-Language-Hearing Association has experienced several recent legislative and regulatory advocacy accomplishments, and wanted to share with you the ongoing work being done for members in our state. Listen to this recording for more information.